Jaycee Lee Dugard had been missing since June 10, 1991 when as an 11 year old girl walking to the bus stop in South Lake Tahoe, CA she was abducted by two individuals. She had not been heard or seen from since.
18 years later … Jaycee Lee Dugard is found alive and safe. In a missing persons case of don’t ever give up hope, 29 year old Jaycee Lee Dugard has been reunited with her family.
Sadly, Jaycee Lee Dugard had been held as a sex slave by Phillip Garrido, a previously convicted sex offender and kept Dugard in the back yard of his property. According to Fox40 News, Dugard bore several children for sex offender Phillip Garrido. The El Dorado County Sheriff’s Department stated that the two children were kept in “complete isolation” and had not been to school or a doctor. (Video)
Authorities tell FOX40 News that Dugard bore several children for sex offender Phillip Garrido, who kept her in a backyard device — possibly a shed — as a sex slave for both Garrido and his wife, Nancy Garrido.
Both Phillip and Nancy Garrido were arrested as suspects in the kidnapping case. Authorities say Nancy Garrido was with Phillip Garrido at the time of the abduction and matches the suspect’s description obtained by eyewitnesses in 1991. The Garrido’s Antioch home was searched for evidence Thursday morning.
Authorities with the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation’s Division of Adult Parolee Operations report a parolee agent helped crack the 18-year-old kidnapping case while following up on a tip that Garrido was seen with two small children on the campus of UC Berkeley. The diligent questioning of the parolee officer led Garrido to reveal the kidnapping of Dugard. Further questioning revealed Dugard and Garrido were the parents of the two children.
Suspect Admits Abducting Girl Missing For 18 Years
Two suspects are in custody. They were moved Thursday afternoon to the El Dorado County Jail from the Contra Costa County jail where they had been held since their arrest Wednesday.
Navy Capt. Michael “Scott” Speicher had been missing since January 17, 1991. He was the first casualty if the first Gulf War in Iraq, Operation Desert Storm. For 18 years Capt. Michael “Scott” Speicher was considered missing. Speicher was considered missing until an Iraqi nomad who as a child witnessed the pilot’s desert burial.
Michael “Scott” Speicher’s Status Can be Changed from Missing to Fallen Hero
8 year old Robert Manwill has been missing since Friday, July 24, 2009 in Boise, Idaho. Robert Grant Manwill was last seen at home leaving his apartment complex at approximately 9:30 pm in the 2800 block of West Cherry Lane. Boise Police believe the boy may have been headed to a party at an unknown friends’ house when he left.
Robert Manwill Description:
- 4 feet, 2 inches tall
- about 50 pounds
- wearing blue jeans, black shoes, and either a brown shirt with the words, “Andy don’t need no Mic” or a blue shirt with a superman symbol on the front
Boise police continue search for missing boy with the help of rescue dogs
Idaho Mountain Search and Rescue were called in Saturday morning. Five dogs are searching the area that includes two large canals and the Boise apartment complex where Robert lives near Vista Avenue.
Chris Harry, operations leader with the search and rescue team said the dogs turned up no trace of Robert Saturday afternoon.
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
FBI now involved in search for missing 8-year-old boy
20 FBI agents are in the area, and more could be on the way at a moment’s notice to help find Manwill.
“We’re leaving no stone unturned in that investigation,” Kerns said. “We’re looking at all of the potential leads. We’re looking at all possibilities in our attempt to find out what’s happened to Robert.”
Anyone who believes they have seen Manwill is asked to call Ada County Dispatch at 377-6790.
If anyone has any information, tips or leads regarding Robert Manwill’s whereabouts can either:
* Call the tip line: 570-6457
* Call Crime Stoppers: 343-COPS
* E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
UPDATE I: According to Idaho State Police web site there are 72 registered sex offenders within 1 mile of the boys residence. 222 registered sex offenders within 3 miles and 441 registered sex offenders within a 5 mile radius.
See map of area 8 year old Robert Manwill went missing HERE.
UPDATE II: Boise man’s home searched in Manwill disappearance (Video)
Authorities searched the home and blue Suburban of Evan Wallis after bloodhounds picked up a scent on his Suburban. Wallis says he welcomes authorities to search his yard and house as he has three boys of his own. Wallis also states that his Suburban “was stolen on July 22, just two days before Robert disappeared. Then it turned back up on Monday and Wallis notified the Ada County Sheriff’s Office.”
Wallis says police searched his home after bloodhounds picked up a scent on his Suburban. He says his truck was stolen on July 22, just two days before Robert disappeared. Then it turned back up on Monday and Wallis notified the Ada County Sheriff’s Office.
UPDATE III: Boise Police Say that Robert Manwill May be the Victim of a Tragic Event
For the first time, Boise Police admit missing 8-year-old boy Robert Manwill’s disappearance is suspicious. At a press conference Friday afternoon, Deputy Chief Jim Kerns revealed police found evidence to indicate Robert may be injured or the victim of a tragic event. Police would not say what evidence they found.
Also Friday, a crime scene van was seen at the Ada County Landfill. A portion of the landfill was marked off with crime scene tape. Boise Police will not confirm or deny if the crime scene van is related to the search for Robert Manwill.
UPDATE IV: Landfill Searched as Thousands Look for Missing Idaho Boy (8/1/09)
Officers roped off an area of the Hidden Hollow Landfill to weed through garbage dumped the day after Robert vanished, the Idaho Statesman said.
Thousands of volunteers helped look for Robert Friday night, one week after he disappeared. Boise police said more than 2,300 searchers combed the city in an effort to find the child.
UPDATE V: Boise police say focus narrows in search for Robert Manwill
“Our leads are narrowing and becoming more specific,” Kerns said Saturday. “The Southdale residence became an area of interest due to a developing lead in the investigation – that location is one of many areas of interest.”
UPDATE VI: Body Found in Canal Cannot be confirmed as eight year old Robert Manwill
Sadly a body matching the description of 8 year old Robert Manwill has been found in a canal. However, the police cannot positively ID the body without an autopsy. According to reports, the body matches the size and age of Robert Manwill.
The Ada County Sheriff’s Office has found the body of a young male in the New York Canal in Boise. It was found near Deer Flat Road and South Cloverdale. That canal flows near where eight-year old Robert Manwill went missing ten days ago.
However, the body cannot be identified as Robert. Until an autopsy is performed Tuesday, we will not know the identity of the body. Police have indicated at Monday afternoon’s press conference that the description of the body is similar to that of Robert.
UPDATE VII: Body of Missing Robert Manwill Found in Canal ID’d
UPDATE VIII: Police are saying that the death of 8 year old Robert Manwill was no accident
To discuss the case, get updates and provide your opinions. go to Scared Monkeys.net Missing Persons Forum.
Navy pilot Michael “Scott” Speicher had been missing for more than 18 years. His F/A-18 Hornet was shot down on January 17, 1991, the very first night of the Gulf War over Iraq during “Operation Dessert Storm.”
After 18 years and so much speculation as to whether Captain Speicher was alive, dead or being held captive; Speicher’s family has finally been provided an answer and closure as to what happened to Michael “Scott” Speicher.
The remains of Michael “Scott” Speicher have been positively identified according to the Pentagon. His remains were located in a remote area of the Anbar province in Iraq. According to a witness who provided the tip, Bedouins buried Speicher’s remains following the crash.
The full story can be read at Scared Monkeys.com, The Mystery of what happened to Michael “Scott” Speicher is over.
An AMBER ALERT has been issued for 13 year old Cynthia Hernandez who was taken by her 45 year old Juan Hernandez. Cynthia Irene Hernandez was abducted Friday night, according to police. Hernandez abducted the 13 year old after an argument with the girl’s mother over child care at the mother’s home on Pickering Avenue in Whittier, CA.
13 year old Cynthia Hernandez abdducted by Juan Hernandez
The argument continued outside the house, according to police. When Cynthia’s mother tried to take her back inside the home, Juan Hernandez allegedly grabbed her and pushed her into his truck.
The suspect then drove away with Cynthia in an unspecified direction, authorities said.
Juan Hernandez is wanted for the abduction of Cynthia as well as a parole violation. He has told family members in the past that he carries a handgun, possibly a .380 caliber semi automatic.
Suspect Juan Hernandez Description:
- 5 feet,10 inches tall
- 240 pounds
- tattoos of the letter “B” on his left and right upper chest and a tower on his left upper arm
- Police say Hernandez has told family members he carries a handgun.
- Believed to be driving a black Chevrolet Silverado pickup, California license 8N84118.
Cynthia Hernandez Description:
- 5 feet 11 inches tall
- brown hair
- brown eyes
- She was last seen wearing a pink shirt, denim skirt and white shoes
- She’s an asthmatic and is without her medication
If anyone has any information regarding the where abouts of Cynthia Hernandez or Juan Hernandez, please call Whittier police at (562) 945-8249.
Statewide alert issued for abducted teenager
Cynthia Hernandez, 13, was reportedly taken from her home in Whittier California at around 7:45 p.m. by her paternal uncle, according to a report issued by the Governor’s Office of Emergency Services at 2:45 a.m.
Whittier police looking for abducted 13-year-old girl
The alleged kidnapping occurred around 7 p.m. Friday outside the girl’s home in the 6300 block of Pickering Avenue, police said. The girl’s uncle, Juan Cuella Hernandez, and her mother were involved in an argument outside over child care, the Whittier Police Department said in their blog.
When the argument escalated, Juan Hernandez allegedly grabbed his teenage niece and pushed her inside his two-door black 1994 Chevrolet Silverado pickup truck with a California license plate 8N84118. Hernandez then drove off in an unknown direction, police said.
UPDATE I: 13 Year Old Cynthia Hernandez Found Safe
The Amber Alert has been canceled as 13 year old Cynthia Hernandez was found safe Saturday night at approximately 9 PM in San Dimas, CA. Her uncle, Juan Hernandez, was arrested and taken into custody.
Cross-posted at Scared Monkeys.com