24 year old Pfc. James Gonzalez, who has been thought to be missing has been found and arrested. Gonzalez was arrested Wednesday night after being found unharmed, according to U.S. Army Criminal Investigations Command spokesman Christopher Grey. Pfc. James Gonzalez, a soldier at Fort Hood in central Texas, failed to return to base July 13 as scheduled.
Army Pfc. James Gonzalez
There are no indications that Gonzalez was abducted, Grey said in an e-mail sent to The Associated Press. Law enforcement officials in Laredo were interviewing Gonzalez Thursday, and Grey said he’d be turned over to the Army’s custody later that day.
There were conflicting reports about the circumstances surrounding the soldier’s arrest.
Grey said it was during a traffic stop. Local law enforcement sources say it was at a house in Laredo, Texas, they’d been conducting surveillance on during the investigation.
He has since been charged with being AWOL.
It has been reported that Pfc. James Gonzalez was missing, presumed kidnapped and that a ransom had been asked for his return.
A Fort Hood-based soldier has been missing for about a week since telling family members he was heading to a Texas border town, and the FBI says the Army was told the missing private had been kidnapped, the soldier’s brother said Tuesday.
The family of Pfc. James Gonzalez, 24, last saw him July 11 at his mother’s house in Robstown, near Corpus Christi, said his older brother, J.C. Gonzalez. James Gonzalez said he was headed to Laredo that afternoon to hang out with friends before returning to base July 13, his brother said.
Pfc Jeneesa Lewis has been missing since Friday, July 18, 2008 from Fort Bliss. Is it possible? Could it have happened again? Authorities are searching for 28 year old Fort Bliss Soldier, Pfc. Jeneesa Lewis and her husband Clinton Lewis. Pfc. Jeneesa Lewis is the fourth female soldier to go missing this year under suspicious circumstances. Pfc. Jeneesa Lewis is missing and considered in danger after she did not report for work Friday. Jeneesa Lewis is with the 11th Air Defense Artillery Brigade at Fort Bliss Also authorities found evidence of foul play inside her apartment.
Fort Bliss spokeswoman Jean Offutt said that when Jenessa Lewis didn’t report to physical training or work, soldiers from the 5-52 Air Defense Artillery Battalion, 11th Brigade went to her off-post apartment to check on her. The apartment she shares with her husband was locked, prompting the call to police. When police arrived just after noon, investigators found evidence of foul play, Mears said. Mears said neither Lewis nor her husband were at the apartment. He would not discuss details of what officers found in the apartment.
Pfc Jeneesa Lewis description:
- Pfc. Jeneesa Lewis is 28 years old
- 5 foot 4 inches tall
- white female
- weighs about 125 pounds.
AP/El Paso Police Department Police say the wife of Clinton Lewis, Fort Bliss soldier Pfc. Jeneesa Lewis, is missing and considered in danger.
Police believe that Pfc Jeneesa Lewis is missing and her husband, 34 year old Clinton Lewis, may have something to do with it. Investigators are looking for a 2001 white Dodge Dakota pickup truck with Texas tags 20ZFD7.
Police: Missing Texas soldier may be in danger UPDATE I: East Tennessee soldier missing, manhunt on
According to the Associated Press, people who know the soldier told investigators that she and her husband, who is not in the Army, have been having marital problems. Fort Bliss spokeswoman Jean Offutt told the AP that when Jeneesa Lewis didn’t report to physical training or work, soldiers from the 5-52 Air Defense Artillery Battalion, 11th Brigade went to her off-post apartment to check on her. The apartment she shares with her husband was locked and neither of the Lewises were home.
UPDATE II: Sister of Missing Jeneesa Lewis’ states she was sent a text message about leaving her husband two days before she vanished.
Her sister says Army Private First Class Jeneesa Lewis sent a text message about leaving her husband two days before she vanished.
Lewis’ sister says El Paso police found the apartment was a mess and there was blood.
UPDATE III: Clinton W. Lewis, Husband of missing soldier wanted in Tennessee
Clinton W. Lewis has not been charged in the case and police have not named him a suspect. But investigators want to talk to him about the disappearance of his wife, Pfc. Jeneesa M. Lewis, a soldier stationed at Fort Bliss.
He is wanted on an outstanding warrant from Hawkins County, Tenn., where the couple lived before Jeneesa Lewis joined the Army last year. Officials with the Hawkins County Sheriff’s Office did not provide details of the warrant Sunday, saying the department would issue a statement on Monday.
UPDATE IV: Missing Fort Bliss Soldier Jeneesa Lewis Found Alive … Husband Clinton W. Lewis Arrested
Finally some good news with regards to a missing persons case. Army Pfc. Jeneesa Lewis who had been adducted and kidnapped by her husband has been found safe. Although it is reported that she was hurt and had suffered stab wounds, Jeneesa Lewis is alive, safe and presently in a hospital in El Paso. Clinton Lewis has been arrested on an aggravated kidnapping charge.
The Benton Crier: Family: Missing Fort Bliss soldier found alive
Her husband, Clinton W. Lewis, has been jailed on an aggravated kidnapping charge. He was being held on $75,000 bond, according to jail records, which did not show if he had an attorney.
Delores Pigeon, Jeneesa Lewis‘ grandmother, said Jeneesa Lewis called late Sunday to say her husband abducted her from her El Paso apartment last week, drove her to Nevada and then came back to El Paso to turn himself in.
ABC News: Sister: Missing Fort Bliss soldier Jeneesa Lewis found alive, ‘tired, scared and weak’
“Clinton had seen it on the news and decided to turn himself in,” Skelton said in a phone interview from her home in Rogersville, Tenn.
“He took her into Nevada,” Pigeon said. “She said she’s in shock. She’s got two big holes in her legs and she lost of a lot of blood.”
UPDATE V: Husband of Fort Bliss Soldier Stabbed, Raped Her
The police affidavit said Lewis was waiting inside the soldier’s apartment and kicked her in the face as she walked through the door. The private first class was stabbed with a kitchen knife, threatened with death, then raped, investigators allege.
To get more updates and discuss the case of missing Pfc. Jeneesa Lewis, go to Scared Monkeys.net Missing Persons forum.
If Anyone has information on the case your being asked to call El Paso Crime Stoppers at 566 TIPS.
The U.S. Marine Corps at Camp Pendleton, CA, are missing and confirmed that the status of Lance Cpl. Margaret McMahon and Pfc. George “Kevyn” Reid II was officially changed to “unauthorized absence”. Police believe that the couple may have run away together, even though McMahon’s mother fears she had been abducted.
McMahon’s mother, who fears she may have been abducted, filed a missing person’s report with the Escondido Police Department, the town where the couple shared an apartment about 20 miles from the base.
Investigators searched the couple’s apartment Thursday, Lt. Robert Benton of the Escondido Police Department told ABC News, and found no evidence of foul play.
“We don’t have any information that suggests that there’s any suspicious circumstance other than they are voluntarily missing,” Benton said.
Benton said the couple’s Chevrolet Cavalier, which is either white or silver in color, is also missing.
Benton said the couple’s Chevrolet Cavalier, which is either white or silver in color, is also missing.
UPDATE I: Missing Marine seen on ATM video in Midwest
After viewing McMahon, 20, on video Tuesday trying to withdraw money in Salina, Kan., police dropped their investigation, saying the evidence confirms that McMahon was outside their jurisdiction. Police said they “relinquished” the investigation to the Naval Criminal Investigative Service.
Lance Cpl. McMahon was identified by a relative who viewed the video, in which McMahon appeared to be alone, police said. Also on Tuesday, a day after McMahon had gone missing, someone withdrew $400 from McMahon’s bank account in Hazelwood, Mo.
McMahon, who family members said a day earlier had argued with her new husband, fellow Marine Pfc. George Kevlyn Reid, 22, appeared to be under “no duress” in the cash-machine video, said Escondido police Lt. Neal Griffin.
UPDATE II: Missing Marines May Have Gone AWOL
Theory Couple Wanted to Avoid Being Sent to Iraq
UPDATE III: Missing Marine Contacts Family
UPDATE IV: Lance Cpl. Margaret McMahon-Reid and Pfc. George Reid II surrender to military officials
A newlywed Marine couple living in Escondido created a national stir when they went missing for days, only to surrender to military officials last week after making a cross-country trip.
McMahon-Reid has resumed her duties at Camp Pendleton. Her husband is being held in the brig at Miramar Marine Corps Air Station, where he is stationed. Marine officials wouldn’t explain why one spouse is behind bars and the other isn’t.
They also haven’t said whether the couple would be punished. If Reid and McMahon-Reid are charged with going “absent without official leave,” or AWOL, their case would hardly be unique.
19 year old Pfc. Ryan K. Longnecker went missing on August 6, 2007 along with his two military-issued weapons.
Longnecker’s military-issued 9 mm pistol and M4 semiautomatic rifle were also unaccounted for, Sanders said. A search to find him was under way.
Longnecker’s unit has been training at Camp Shelby since early June, Sanders said. The troops will be headed to Iraq within the next two weeks.
After 6 months and still no sign of missing Pfc. Ryan K. Longnecker, the case has been turned over to the federal authorities and the US Marshals Service.
U.S. Marshals handling missing soldier case
Six months after a Kentucky National Guard soldier and two guns disappeared from a training base in Mississippi, military officials say they developed no leads and have turned the case over to the U.S. Marshals Service.
Pfc. Ryan K. Longnecker, 19, was training at Camp Shelby in south Mississippi for a mission in Iraq when he disappeared on Aug. 6, 2007, just two weeks before his unit deployed. Longnecker’s military-issued 9mm pistol and M4 rifle were also missing.
Col. Phil Miller, a spokesman for the Kentucky National Guard, said Friday that the search for Longnecker was being handled by investigators at Camp Shelby, a Mississippi Guard base that has been federally mobilized since 2004 to train troops for deployment to Iraq and Afghanistan.
UPDATE I: Body found at Shelby was though to be Pfc. Ryan K. Longnecker
The badly decomposed human remains found at Camp Shelby on Tuesday are those of a U.S. soldier, said Forrest County coroner Butch Benedict.
The remains were discovered Tuesday morning in a wooded area on the post, according to Lt. Col. Doril Sanders, public affairs officer at Shelby.
“(The remains) are the property of the U.S. government, (and) they got their own system,” Benedict said about the secrecy surrounding the investigation. He was called out early in the day to the site of the remains, but then ordered to leave when the military team arrived. Benedict said clothing discovered helped identify the remains as those of a soldier.
Speculation has been circulating as to whether the remains could be that of Pfc. Ryan K. Longnecker, who disappeared on Aug. 6, 2007, just two weeks shy of his deployment to Iraq. (Hat Tip: JA)
We are saddened to report that the body of missing Fort Drum soldier, Joseph Anzack Jr was found yesterday in the Euphrates River in Iraq. Anzack was one of the soldiers missing in Iraq who was kidnapped two weeks ago while patrolling near Baghdad. God bless and thank you for your service and ultimate sacrifice to our country.
The military says the body found in the Euphrates River yesterday in Iraq is one of the Fort Drum soldiers who was kidnapped about two weeks ago.
Joseph Anzack, Jr., 20, and two other soldiers have been missing since they were ambushed while patrolling near Baghdad. A group linked to al-Qaida is taking the credit for that ambush. The military is doing a DNA test to confirm that the body is, in fact, Anzack’s.
Initial reports also said a second body had been found near the same location. But the search is still ongoing for the other two soldiers.
Joseph Anzack Remembered by High School Friends
TORRANCE (AP) — Schoolmates remembered Pfc. Joseph Anzack Jr. as a gentle jock and turned their school into a makeshift memorial after learning Army officials had confirmed the 20-year-old’s body was found during an exhaustive search for him and two other soldiers ambushed in Iraq. Friends at South High School, where Anzack graduated just two years ago, observed a moment of silence Thursday and described him as a “pumped up” athlete who made them laugh and comforted them when they needed it.
”You’d be sad and sitting there by yourself, and he’d come up to you and just talk to you, and say, ‘Hey, how’s your day? Are you OK?”’ childhood friend Erika Esquivel said.
The school’s front steps became a shrine of flowers, flags and balloons, marked with a sign reading: “You’re our HERO.” The soldier’s Web page was also flooded with condolences.
The US military has only said the soldiers are missing after an attack on a US military checkpoint near Yousifiya, southwest of the capital Bagdad, Iraq on Friday. As politicians in Washington play games with ridiculous notions of announcing troop withdrawals in Iraq, our soldiers face real life situations every day. Now, brothers in arms look for their missing comrades.
The Defense Department identified the missing men as Pfc. Kristian Menchaca, 23, of Houston, and Pfc. Thomas L. Tucker, 25, of Madras, Ore. It said Spc. David J. Babineau, 25, Springfield, Mass., was killed in the attack. The three were assigned to the 1st Battalion, 502nd Infantry Regiment, 2nd Brigade, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault), Fort Campbell, Ky.
Missing GIs Likely Taken Captive, Iraqi Official Says
BAGHDAD, June 18 — Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari said Sunday that two U.S. soldiers missing after an insurgent attack south of Baghdad appeared to have been taken captive, while U.S. troops searched for their comrades for a second day.
UPDATE: Al Qaeda-Linked Group Claims Kidnapping of GIs
BAGHDAD, Iraq â€” An Al Qaeda-linked group claimed Monday that it had kidnapped two American soldiers reported missing south of Baghdad, where 8,000 Iraqi and U.S. troops were conducting a massive search.
The umbrella group, called the Mujahedeen Shura Council, said it was holding the two privates â€” one from Texas and the other from Oregon â€” as well as four Russian diplomats kidnapped June 3 in Baghdad. It also claimed to have killed a fifth Russian.
Relatives of Missing Soldier Hope for His Return
His family is now hoping for the 23-year-old Houston soldier’s safe return after learning he was one of two servicemen missing in Iraq after an insurgent attack.
Kay Fristad, an Oregon National Guard spokeswoman, said she had a brief conversation with Tucker’s parents and they said he joined the military “to do something positive for the country.”
Menchaca’s wife, 18-year-old Christina Menchaca, of Big Spring, Texas, said military representatives told her Saturday they were taking “every means possible to find him,” she said.
“We’re basically just watching the news because no one else knows anything about it, no one has heard anything about it,” she said. “We’re just going by what the news has to say.”
Christina Menchaca said she married her husband in September and he deployed in October. The couple met through her brother, who served in the military with Kristian Menchaca.
Thousands search in Iraq for 2 missing U.S. soldiers; rebels say they have them
The Mujahedeen Shura Council is a grouping of several insurgent forces, including “al-Qaida in Iraq.” Insurgent leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, recently killed in a U.S. air strike, helped create the council in January, apparently to give an Iraqi face to his movement, made up mainly of foreign fighters.
In the posting, the council taunted U.S. forces for failing to find the Americans. (Canada.com)
UPDATE: Iraq Official: U.S. Soldiers’ Bodies Found
The unfortunate but expected outcome has been realized for the two brave US soldiers that were missing in Iraq. The bodies of Pfc. Kristian Menchaca, 23, of Houston, and Pfc. Thomas L. Tucker, 25, of Madras, OR were found on a street near the town Youssifiyah, close to the scene of the attack.
The bodies of two U.S. soldiers have been found, and a senior Iraqi military official said Tuesday they belong to men who went missing last week after a deadly insurgent attack on a traffic checkpoint.
At a news briefing, U.S. Maj. Gen. William Caldwell declined to identify the men until their families can be notified.
Military Confirms Bodies Are of Missing GIs
BAGHDAD, Iraq â€” The bodies of two U.S. soldiers who were reported missing have been recovered, and an Iraqi official said Tuesday the men were “killed in a barbaric way.”
The remains of four “Missing in Action since Vietnam” US servicemen were identified and will be returned for their proper burial. Thirty-five years later, the four service men have come home.
All from the Army’s 101st Airborne Division, they are Maj. Jack L. Barker of Waycross, Ga.; Capt. John F. Dugan of Roselle, N.J.; Sgt. William E. Dillender of Naples, Fla.; and Pfc. John J. Chubb of Gardena, Calif.
Chubb will be buried in Inglewood, Calif., this week. Barker, Dugan and Dillender will be buried in April in Arlington National Cemetery, said the Defense Department POW/Missing Personnel Office.
Their helicopter was shot down on March 20, 1971, the office said in a statement.
From the Vietnam War, 1,807 Americans are still unaccounted for, 364 of those from Laos. Another 839 have been accounted for in Southeast Asia, 208 of those from Laos.